Friday, August 10, 2012

Review-Homestead Blessings-The Art of Quilting

This is one of my favorites! I have been wanting to learn to quilt for ages now. This dvd gives so many tips, ideas and encouragement that I don't know where to begin. They take you from planning your design (with lots of tips and shortcuts!) to cutting your blocks (again, lots of helpful hints) to piecing them together and assembling them to the quilting, backing and binding part. By the time you follow all the steps, you will have a beautiful, useful, HOMEMADE quilt! They show you everything you need to know to make your very own quilt. There are also segments on making comforters and pot holders, too. Plus, a little bonus project. This is a VERY informative dvd that I am sure I will watch dozens of times to glean everything I can. In one of the bonus features, you even get a peek into an old fashioned quilting bee. I am starting to get the idea that there isn't anything that these ladies cannot do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.