Monday, August 20, 2012

It's Almost Vacation Time

Yes, my dear friends, it is almost vacation time for our family. One BIG perk of homeschooling is being able to pick up and go when it is convenient for hubby and his business instead of during the summer break when EVERYBODY is trying to get away. September is hubby's slow month so it is the best time for us to go somewhere. Our favorite family vacation getaway is Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL. Growing up in Florida, only 3 hours south of Disney, meant we spent A LOT of time there. There were some years that we went 3-4 times but we always went at least 1-2 times a year once hubby and I got married.  When we moved to GA and the trip became 7 hours instead of 3, our Disney trips became a bit more infrequent. On my 40th birthday, we spent a week at Disney and bought into the Disney Vacation Club. We had previously belonged to it when we lived in FL but sold out when we moved to GA.  If you do not know what the DVC is, it is kind of like a time share but you don't have a specific time each year that you have to use it. You can go whenever you want and the resorts that are used for the DVC accomodations are outstanding. We usually stay at the Old Key West resort and almost always get a 2 bedroom condo (unless I am taking the kids by myself and we make do with a 1 bedroom). These DVC resorts are all on the Disney property so you can take advantage of all the goodies you get when you stay on property as opposed to staying in a non-Disney hotel. The condos all come with a full kitchen and laundry room which is great for us because we always eat at least one meal in the room and I HATE bringing home dirty laundry!

This trip was supposed to be a surprise for the twins but my mom accidentally gave it away. She was so upset about it because I had been planning it since February and had kept everything a complete secret from the twins. That is a big deal for me because I am lousy with secrets! I couldn't be too mad at her, though. I do still have some surprises for them concerning the trip.

The biggest surprise is that we will be seeing the Cirque Du Soleil show "La Nouba". I have wanted to take them to it for many years but we have never had the money for tickets until this year. Hubby and I went once, when I was pregnant with the twins, and were completely blown away by the show. It is amazing what the human body can do with proper training! If you have never seen this show, I cannot stress to you enough how awesome it is. You will NOT be disappointed!

Since Disney is the "Happiest Place on Earth" and my favorite place to be, I will be doing some posts on Disney Must Sees, Disney on a Dime and the benefits of the Disney Vacation Club.

Stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.