Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Product Review: Coomb's Family Farms Organic Maple Syrup

For years, I would put those little bottles shaped like log cabins, full of who-knows-what syrup into my grocery cart and think nothing of it. I saw the price of real maple syrup and thought only weird foodies would pay so much money when the "fake" stuff was so cheap...Then I became one of those weird foodies. It seems that the need to eat "clean" is addictive. I am ALWAYS on the lookout for hidden chemicals, unpronouncable ingredients and non edible ingredients that are added to food. I was never one who needed organic things because I thought that was just a way to make the cost of my food go up. However, the more I learn about food, the more I realize that organic, even though it costs a lot, is the best option if you can afford it. I have stumbled upon a product that, in my opinion, is worthy of showcasing.
Coombs Family Farms Organic 100% Maple Syrup. THAT is a mouthful! A delicious one at that! I had been buying store brand 100% Maple Syrup at the grocery store and paying about $8 for 7 oz. The taste was fine but it was a little watery. I happened to get an email from Amazon about this syrup being on sale so I decided to try some. The price was about $22 for 32 oz. Pretty good compared to what I was paying before. The first time I tried it, I knew it was a keeper. This syrup is very thick. Not watery like the store brand. More importantly, the taste is fantastic. I saw on Amazon that the price is even lower now, especially with Subscribe and Save (this is where you sign up for automatic delivery of products). I paid $17.31 (free shipping, too!) for 32 oz. of ORGANIC 100% Maple Syrup!! YUM! I just ordered it at this price yesterday, so you can do the same if you are so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.