Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lord, Empty Me of Me

"Lord empty me of me so I can be full of you." I LOVE this song. Don't ask me who sings it because I couldn't tell you but I love the message in it. I have come to the realization that I have way too much me in me. When I think of the grand scheme of things, I am nothing but a cog in the wheel. Oh sure, there is a plan for me, completely and perfectly thought out by my Creator. But everyone of  us has a plan too, and no one is more important than another. However, in my case, sometimes I get the feeling that what concerns me is more important than what concerns someone else. That is a very slippery slope to be on, my friends. It leads to being a bit too full of yourself, your problems, your wishes, your wants, your needs. I could go on and on but I think you can get it. I want God to remove a whole bunch of "me" and fill me back up with Him. I want to be able to take myself out of the little picture that is my own little world and I want to see the "big picture". I want to know where it is I fit in. What has He called me to do that I am not yet doing. "Where you go, I'll go. Where you stay, I'll stay. When you move, I'll move. I will follow. Who you love, I'll love. How you serve, I'll serve. If this life I lose, I will follow." (Chris Tomlin) THAT is what I want. God fill me with this....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.