Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy Anniversary Honey....A Day Late

Yesterday was our 18th wedding anniversary. No I didn't forget about it but I just didn't get a chance to blog about it until now.
My day didn't go as planned (does anything???). Homeschooling took twice as long as usual and both of them bombed their test :(   My house is such a disaster that, the more I tried to clean, the dirtier it got. The twins had a bicker-fest all afternoon, my chicken coop never got cleaned, I had to train my mom to do some computer work for my hubby, THEN the church decided to take my kids' youth group to the movies last night SOOOOOOO, we had to hurry up and cook dinner, scarf it down, and get them into town so they could go with their friends. Not exactly the peaceful dinner I had planned. Hubby did run me through Sonic so I could get an anniversary hot fudge sundae. When we got home, I had to do the twins chores because they were off watching the Hunger Games and having fun. Me? Not so much! After the kitchen was cleaned, I joined hubby outside to help him work on my new clothesline. After breaking the cord on one of his drills (and almost breaking his hand in the process) and numerous other dumb things, we called it a night. Unfortunately, we had to wait until 10pm to go back to town to pick the kids up. So needless to say, my anniversary did not go as planned. While I was in the shower whinning to myself and God, I felt Him telling me that I should be grateful I had a husband to have a lousy anniversary with. My friend, Mary Jean, just buried her husband 2 weeks ago. My other friend, Wendy, lost her husband to cancer a few years ago and she still isn't able to move on. Here I am griping because my day wasn't perfect. However, I spent it with my husband and my kids, my favorite people on Earth. I had a great tasting dinner (even if I had to inhale it) of grass fed-beef t-bone steaks that we just got from our steer that was butchered. I got to spend lots of one on one time with my husband doing a project outside. Most importantly, I was WITH my husband. Some people don't have that any longer.

Yep, God encourages me to put on my big girl panties and stop whinning. So...panties on and whinning stopped. Just the way it should be.
Lesson learned-A bad anniversary with my husband is worth more than a million great anniversaries with someone else.

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.