Saturday, March 31, 2012

Homemade Fabric Softener

Sadly, I am one of those people who love liquid fabric softener. Downy and Snuggle are my favorites. Why do I love them? The scent. They have some of the nicest scents and my clothes smell so wonderful after I use them. BUT they are ex.pen.sive! I came across many fabric softener recipes on the internet and I settled on this one from Becky at Petticoat Junction. It uses stuff I have here without having to make a trip to the store.

INGREDIENTS

1 C. Hair Conditioner (Cheap stuff is perfect for this!)
2 C. Vinegar
6 C. Hot Water

Whisk all the ingredients together until it is completely combined. Use as you would store bought fabric softener. This is soooooo much cheaper than store bought and, so far, my clothes smell and feel great. I used up some old conditioner that I wasn't crazy about for my hair, but smelled great, the first time I made it and I bought the cheapest (nicest smelling) conditioner at the store for this batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.