Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Reward for waking up...

I was outside the other morning, just before dawn, finishing up the morning chores. I was about to walk back in the house when I glanced up at the sky and saw this:
and this too....

God really knows how to impress a girl!
This is the view from the back (used to be the front but the previous owners did away with the driveway and turned it into the back of the house. Go figure) of my house. Where I sit in the living room, doing my morning Bible reading, I can watch the sun come up and every time, it takes my breath away.

 I am not, naturally, a morning person. I do not 'enjoy' getting out of bed before the rooster crows, but there is something to be said about getting an early start on things. Living on a farm, an early start is a requirement! There are animals to be fed and, during growing season, garden work to be done. Middle Georgia is not known for its mild summer temps, either, so the earlier you get started the better! But during the winter, things slow just a bit and I get to enjoy watching the world wake up. A fresh, new start where anything is possible. Thank you God for giving me this reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.