Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pancake Sausage Muffins



I discovered these little gems over at Heavenly Homemakers and I am so glad I did!

The night before:
 Mix 2 c. whole wheat flour and 1 1/2 c. cultured buttermilk in a bowl until combined. Cover with a towel and leave on counter overnight.

In the morning mix into the flour/buttermilk mixture the following:
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/3 c. melted butter
1/2 lb. cooked ground breakfast sausage

Grease 12 muffin tins (don't use cupcake liners) and fill the tins almost full. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Serve drizzled with maple syrup.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to try this - it looks really good!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.