Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cinnamon Bread French Toast

One of the byproducts of trying to find bread recipes I love is that I have loaves of not-quite-what-I-am looking-for bread to play with. One of my favorite ways to use them up is french toast. I had 2 loaves of cinnamon bread in the freezer from my Christmas baking that I thought would make a pretty good breakfast. I sliced both loaves up about an inch thick.

Then I mixed up a couple of eggs, some milk, vanilla and cinnamon
I coated the bread and put them into my cast iron skillet. Dontcha love cast iron skillets? I sure do. I finally learned not to turn the heat way up because, once it gets hot, it STAYS hot for a very looooooong time!
Anyway, I cooked them on both sides till they were nice and crispy on the outside.

And ....Voila!!!

Okay, there was a lot more of this but, doggone it, I was hungry!
I did have a few pieces left to put in the freezer for future breakfasts. I love having homemade freezer food ready to pop into the toaster oven or microwave!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.