Monday, January 30, 2012

Changing Me

Church yesterday was AWESOME!!!! We had our normal Sunday morning service and then we had a 5th Sunday Service that night that included people from other local Methodist churches and a guest pastor. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE our pastor! He is very inspirational and he doesn't mind tackling the hard issues. I look forward to church every single Sunday. Sometimes, though, it is nice to get a different perspective, a different style. Last night's service was that and so much more! I came away from it with so many questions that I really needed to ask myself. There wasn't a dry eye in the congregation at the end and I could really feel Jesus in that place right at that moment. All the things that were talked about in the morning service and evening service were still swirling around in my head when I turned on my computer and checked out one of my favorite blogs and read what she had to say. Lo and behold, she was talking about one of the very things that had been weighing on my mind. Some of the points she made were almost word for word what I have been thinking. You can read her blog here. I have this same problem and it has really been bugging my lately. I always complain that I can't 'hear' God talking to me. Truth is, He does. I am just ignoring Him. Not exactly intentionally but ignoring Him nonetheless. When I hear about someone in need, I often feel moved to help out in some way but the execution of that help is rarely successful. Most times I wait so long to do anything that I forget about it. For example, the Headmistress (and member of my church) at my kids old school was recently hospitalized and had to have surgery. I felt prompted to send her a note letting her know that we were praying for a speedy recovery for her. Did I do it? No. Why? Well, THAT would be the question I need to answer. Why do I feel compelled to do something, yet don't do it? I always feel awful when I remember that I 'forgot' to do something but it doesn't seem to change the fact that I still don't do it. Our preacher has been doing a series on Becoming Who We Need To Be. Problem is, I don't know who I should be. What I do know is that there are things I don't like about the person I already am. Maybe the first step in becoming who I should be is getting rid of all I don't want to be. Hmmm. Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.