Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pizza Dough

Awhile back, I posted a recipe for homemade pizza dough. I would provide the link but Blogger and Internet Explorer are giving me FITS today!! While that recipe was good, the one I am about to share with you is extraordinary! The secret is blending herbs in the olive oil and then incorporating it into the dough so each bite has wonderful flavor.  I made 2 pizzas today for lunch. One was cheese and pepperoni for the twins and the other was veggie and cheese for me and hubs cuz mama can't eat that heartburn inducing pepperoni very often!

INGREDIENTS
This recipe will make 1 large pizza. I doubled it to make 2 and had half a pizza left over!

1 Pkg. active dry yeast or 2 1/4 tsp. of bulk yeast
1 Tsp. Sugar
1 C. Warm Water
2 1/2 C. Flour (I used half bread and half whole white wheat)
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Tsp. Salt
Fresh or dried herbs (I used dried basil, oregano and garlic powder~about 1/2 Tsp. each plus a few shakes of salt)

In a small bowl (I used a 2 c. measuring cup), add water and sugar, then yeast. Stir to combine. Let sit until nice and foamy. In a small dish add oil and herbs and stir them up. In a large bowl add flour and salt. You know what's next...Stir it up! Add yeast and herb-y oil to the flour and mix until everything is combined and makes a ball. Let rest for 10 minutes. From here I just plopped the dough onto a VERY LIGHTLY oiled baking sheet and smooshed it with my hands until it covered the sheet. Put whatever toppings you like on it and bake it for 15-20 minutes at 450 degrees.

This dough is a little thicker than the other one I used to use but I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.