Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Confirmation Sunday

May 20th was Confirmation Sunday in our church. The twins, along with 7 of their friends, took the leap and became full fledged members of Sandersville United Methodist Church. It was a very beautiful ceremony and they had a nice luncheon for the confirmands and their families afterwards. The twins took their studies very seriously and we spent weeks quizzing them on the books of the Bible, the 10 Commandments and church history. Our preacher joked that a few adults asked when they would hold classes for adults to learn about the whys and whats of being Methodist. I hope they do because I learned ALOT from the kids taking these classes. I was raised Catholic and didn't join the Methodist church until 6 1/2 years ago so I feel very "behind".
Anyway, I just wanted to share some pics of the kids from that day.
My son in the middle and my daughter on the right

Being welcomed by our wonderful congregation

Our sweet confirmands

Waiting to be done with pics so they could eat!

Lunch!!!

Do you know how old I suddenly feel???

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.