Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Kombucha Update

We have become some big time Kombucha fans around here. For my first batch, I flavored 3 jars with the following flavors: Raspberry, Grape and Orange. We drank them all. My favorite was the Raspberry. Kids loved the Grape. The orange was okay but not our favorite. With the batch that is currently fermenting, I took some of my blueberries I put up last year and made a syrup. I strained them then added the kombucha to it. Yes, I snuck a taste. Very vinegar-y because I had just removed the SCOBY. It has to sit, flavored, for 5-7 days so the taste can mellow. I like the word mellow....
Every day the kids ask if they can have some, they like it that much. A huge bonus has been that the Mother SCOBY has formed a daughter SCOBY and now the daughter has formed another daughter. The next time I brew, I will do 2 jars at once. Double the kombucha, baby! This stuff is really good and, I don't know if it is the Kombucha or the Kefir, but I feel GREAT! I wake up about 30 minutes before I have to, I have a bunch of energy in the morning and afternoon and, let's just say the digestive system is working like a champ! Plus, I have noticed a decrease in my appetite. I don't know if these drinks have anything to do with it or just the fact that it is getting too hot to eat a lot but I am definitely eating less. Only downside is that I have NO ENERGY after 8pm. It is all I can do to keep my eyes open til 9 so I can go to bed. Oh, and there is still the gas part. I think that is getting better, though. I would recommend both the kefir and kombucha to anyone who wants to take a little more action on their health and well being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.