Friday, May 25, 2012

Lara Bars

I have to admit that I have never eaten a Lara Bar. I have no idea if this recipe is close to it but it is really good. I "lifted" it from Shaye over at The Elliot Homestead. I LOVE her blog. She is so stinking funny and her recipes are awesome. She swears these bars taste like Lara Bars so I will take her word for it. Here is the link to her recipe because I am too lazy to go find it in my recipe mess file and re copy it. Take a few minutes and look around her blog. You won't be disappointed! I will, however, include a picture from the batch I made, just to prove I really did make them!
These are the coconut ones. They were VERY GOOD! I would make more but I can't seem to find any more dates at the store. Is there, like, a season for dates? And what exactly are dates? Are they a fruit? A nut? I haven't a clue but I like 'em. My daughter thinks they are gross but she loved the bars. As soon as I find dates, I will make the PBJ ones. This batch lasted for a week. Only because I hid them in the fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.