Monday, February 27, 2012

Sloppy Joe Casserole

I only go grocery shopping once, at the beginning of each month. If I plan well, we never notice any shortages. However, what usually happens is that we eat strange stuff the last week of the month because, for some reason, I never plan well! This recipe isn't strange per se, but it was something new for us. New and delicious!



Sloppy Joe Casserole

1 lb. Ground meat-I used venison
1/2 Small Onion diced
1 Can Tomato Sauce
1/4 to 1/3 C. Ketchup (I just squirted it in, didn't measure it)
1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
2 Cans Crescent Rolls
8 Slices Cheese ( I used colby/cheddar)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Brown ground meat and onions until meat is no longer pink. Salt and pepper meat to suit you. Add in tomato sauce, ketchup and brown sugar. Adjust seasonings to your liking. I like my sloppy joes kinda sweet but not overly sweet. Unroll 1 can rolls and press into the bottom of a greased 13x9 pan. Pinch the seams closed. Put cheese slices on top of rolls.

 Pour meat mixture onto cheese and even it out.  Unroll 2nd can of rolls and place over the top of the meat. Pinch seams closed as best you can. Bake uncovered at 375 for about 15-20 mins. You want the top nice and browned. My kids have declared that this is how they want sloppy joes from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.