Friday, February 3, 2012

Baked Linguine

I came across this recipe years ago in a Southern Living magazine. While the whole family loves it, my son is especially enamored with it, so I am grateful that this recipe makes a very large 9x13 pan. That boy eats like a horse and he's only 12! Leftovers are pretty scarce around here and, if there are any leftovers, he  "calls" them so no one else can eat them the next day. I wish "calling" things worked for adults. "That's my parking space. I called it." "That's my brand new car. I called it."  ANYWAY.....

Baked Linguine

1 lb. Ground beef (I used venison)
2 cloves Garlic, minced (ok, mine came out of a bottle)
1 28oz can Crushed tomatoes
1 8oz can Tomato sauce (I used a 15 oz can because I used 2x's the noodles)
1 6oz can Tomato paste
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Sugar (I used sucanat)
8 oz Uncooked Linguine noodles (Since my boy was eating this, I cooked the entire 16oz box)
1 16oz container Sour cream
1 8oz Cream cheese (softened)
Green onions (optional)
2 c. shredded Sharp cheddar cheese

Cook ground meat until no longer pink. You can salt and pepper the meat, if you like. Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients and let simmer for about 30 minutes. While sauce is simmering, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and put them in a greased 9x13 pan.
Mix together the sour cream and cream cheese until it is nice and smooth. Stir in onions, if using. Spread this over the noodles then pour the meat/tomato sauce over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. Top with cheese and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let stand for about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!

This post is being shared at The Way Grandmama Does It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.