Sunday, October 16, 2011

Thank GOD Saturday is gone...

Saturday had to be, hands down, one of the most painful days of my life. Not emotionally painful mind you but physically painful. It all started early in the morning when I had to get up long before I wanted to because I was supposed to have a choir rehearsal. I got ready and was heading to rehearsal when I turned on my cell phone and got a text that rehearsal was cancelled. No big deal. I had to go to church anyway to set up for Sunday's communion. I get to church and was walking to the chapel loaded down with the communion implements when, out of no where...I fall down. Not just a little trip either. Down on my knees and elbows on the marble floor! If that wasn't bad enough, when I fell, I tried to keep the chalice full of grape juice from crashing to the floor and I accomplished that. Unfortunately, all the grape juice came down on my head!. So here I am sopping up grape juice and trying not to say very bad words in the Lord's house. There was no one at church so I couldn't get to where the bathrooms were to clean myself up so I had to finish setting everything up and try not to drip all over the beautiful white table cloths! I would have been alright if I had been able to go straight home but I promised hubby I would fill up his diesel tanks so he could finish the planting. So now I have to go out in public with grape juice all over me and my hair still damp and oh so sticky. I get over that humiliation (honestly you should see how OTHER people go out in public on a Saturday morning!) only to suffer more at home. I was in the shower because I had grape juice hair and I bent down and whacked my head on the tile bench in the shower! It wasn't enough to have skinned up my knee and elbow, strained my ankle and hurt my shoulders, NOW I try to give myself a concussion! Oh wait, it gets better. I decide I want applesauce with dinner so I fill a pot with lemon juice and water to put the peeled apples in and as I was carrying it to the table, the water shifts and sloshes over me and the floor. It is at that time I said "Ok God. You have my attention! What the heck are you trying to tell me???" I still haven't figured out what He wanted but I am starting to think He just needed a laugh....

1 comment:

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.