Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Just read some interesting stuff about Aquaculture. I am very interested in raising fish as we are a fish loving family! We have a pond with catfish and some bass but my favorite is tilapia. It is so easy to cook and tastes great, especially to people who don't really like fish. However, buying it in the grocery store can be a little dicey and pricey. A lot of the tilapia sold around here comes from China. Um, I really don't care to eat nuclear fish thank you very much! Plus the cost has gone through the roof in the last 6 months. When we went to Disney World last month, we took a Greenhouse tour at Epcot and got to take a close up look at their fish farming. It really looks like something the average Joe could do. Mother Earth News put out an article with some general info about aquaculture and I think I will definitely check into it soon.

This morning I made, hands down, the best waffles I have ever eaten and I have eated A LOT of waffles! They were Pumpkin Waffles with Honey Cinnamon Butter. Oh they were TO DIE FOR!!!! I posted the recipe earlier this morning so please make yourself some. You won't regret it! Lunch today is an old favorite, Garlic Roast Beef Sandwiches. It is supposed to be on store bought garlic bread but I am making my own with the leftover French Bread I made yesterday. Since I have choir practice tonight, dinner has to be early and easy to fix. I am thinking Bacon Cheeseburgers on homemade buns (having them on homemade buns cancels out any bad stuff from the bacon and cheese!), baked sweet potato fries and corn. Maybe green beans. No, corn...I think. Since I am out of sugar AND sweetner, there will be no dessert :( I really need to make a run to the store!

2 comments:

  1. It all sounds so yummy! We are considering what fish to stock the pond with as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kimberly it was!!!! Just ask my ever expanding waistline :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.