Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Best Waffles EVER!!!!!

I just have to share with you this recipe for the BEST WAFFLES YOU WILL EVER HAVE!!!!

Pumpkin Waffles

In a large bowl sift together the following:
2 C. Whole Wheat Flour
2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1/4 Tsp EACH of the following cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger

In another bowl mix together the following:
2 eggs
1 3/4 C. Milk
3/4 C. Pumpkin (can be pureed pumpkin from a can or cooked and mashed fresh pumpkin)
1/2 C. Canola Oil
1/2 C. Chopped Nuts (optional)

Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture and combine. Pour 1/4 to 1/3 C. batter onto hot waffle iron and cook as directed. These waffles are so yummy! Since I am out of Maple Syrup, I mixed some butter, honey and cinnamon together and spread it over the waffles. This is now my FAVORITE way to eat waffles! Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.