Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Mustard & Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon

I like fish. Only I don't like my fish to taste "fishy". That is why I usually stay away from salmon because it tends to be a bit strong in flavor to me. HOWEVER, I love this particular recipe for salmon. I had to change it a bit because I was out of a few ingredients but it tasted almost exactly the same as the original. If you have been avoiding salmon because you don't like strong fish, this is a good way to introduce it to your diet.



Photo: Prevention.com
MUSTARD AND BROWN SUGAR RUBBED SALMON
2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar ( I used Sucanat)
1 1/2 Tsp. Real Sea Salt
1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
1/2 Tsp. Ground Cumin
1/4 Tsp. Dry Mustard (I was out of this so I used the same amount Turmeric)
4 Salmon Fillets, skin removed (approx. 6 oz each. I have used bigger fillets and the rub was enough to cover them too)
Olive oil

Mix together the brown sugar (or sucanat), salt, pepper, cumin and mustard in a bowl and set aside. Lay out salmon fillets and put the seasoning mixture evenly over the top of the fillets. Heat a little olive oil in a cast iron skillet and place the fish in, seasoned side down. Cook until the rub dissolves and darkens (about 4 minutes). Flip fish and cook until done. It's that simple. And yummy! Even the kids love this recipe.

This is being shared at:
Frugally Sustainable
The Way Grandmama Does It
The Prairie Homestead

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.