Friday, February 3, 2012

BBQ Quesadillas

We just had these for lunch and I had to share how awesomely yummiful they were! They were so good and went so quick that I didn't even have time to snap a pic. The other day I made some BBQ from a very small pork roast that was in the freezer. One of the pigs hubby hunted was only about 60 lbs so her roast was a bit too small to make dinner for us. Anyway, I cooked it up one morning and made BBQ sandwiches and had a bit left over. I wanted something other than sandwiches for lunch so I took some whole wheat tortilla shells and put them on a cookie sheet. I spread half of each one with leftover meat and some shredded cheese and folded them in half. I cooked them at 350 for 5 or so minutes on each side to get them nice and crispy on the edges. When they were done, I put a little bit of BBQ sauce and sour cream on top. Oh sweet Jesus, they were good. Hubby didn't even take the time to bring his lunch back to his desk. He ate it standing at the kitchen sink! We rounded out the meal with some carrot sticks and homemade Ranch dressing and some grapes. Best thing is, there is just enough for one or two more....they're mine, I called it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.