Thursday, December 27, 2012

If You Don't Have Anything Nice To Say.....

I was hoping that I could avoid writing this post but, alas, I cannot. Awhile back, I wrote a post on MY OPINION of a kid's movie called ParaNorman. You can find that post here. You see, the purpose of this blog, MY blog, is simply to share what is in my head. The things I am learning, stuff I have already learned, what happens on a farm and what happens while raising kids. At no time have I ever stated that the way I do things and the way I think is the ONLY way. There are so many people with so many different views and opinions that no one view is correct. That being said, if you don't like what you read here...leave. This blog isn't meant for you. Find another blog that is more to your liking. DO NOT leave nasty remarks calling me names. You don't know me. There are a few blogs that I have read for quite some time and enjoyed them. Sometimes they say things that I don't necessarily agree with. Sometimes I quit reading them. Never have I left a nasty comment on them. Even on the one where the author stated that infertility is God's way of punishing bad women. Total hogwash but it was HER blog. Our views are a little too different so I don't read her blog anymore. Simple. No one's feelings had to be hurt. I would not have changed her views by telling her what I thought of her comment so I didn't comment.

People can disagree on things and be polite and respectful when pointing it out. The 2 people who commented on my blog weren't either of those things. They were mean. They were under the belief that because I thought differently from them, I was automatically wrong. No, I just have a different view and because it is MY BLOG I get to share MY view.

I love when people comment. I have had some great people share different points of view and I really like that. The difference is, they shared them respectfully without attacking me.

I realize that I am raising my kids differently than most of society. I am trying to raise them according to what the Bible says, not what society says. If that makes me a target so be it. If you disagree with what I say, by all means, let me know. R-E-S-P-E-C-T-F-U-L-L-Y!! If you can't be respectful, your comment will be deleted. So no 15 minutes of fame for you!

Really, of all the posts I have done, THIS one is getting the attention? Go figure. It was a less than stellar movie and I gave my view of it. Some may have loved the movie and thought it was appropriate for their kids. That is fine. I didn't. That is fine, too. Really, though, if this post angered you to the point of attacking me, what does that say about you? Maybe a bit too much time on your hands? I happen to have a farm here that could use some extra hands and I could fill up that free time you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.