Thursday, December 6, 2012

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas...NOT!

I do believe Mother Nature has a mental problem. Or a really bad memory. It is December 6th and our highs the last few days have been close to 80. What the heck? It is hard to get into "the spirit" when I am sweating and turning on the A/C. THEN, in the morning when it is 60 degrees in my house, I have to turn on the heat because the popsicle twins are cold. If you look outside, it looks like it should be cold. All dark and gloomy. Bare trees and dead grass. 40 bazillion pecans laying under a foot of fallen leaves. Yep, it should be cold. But, alas, it is not. It has put a damper on my Christmas decorating. At least that is what I am blaming it on. "Sorry honey, can't decorate because it is too hot outside."

Hubs came up with a way to get me to get off my rear end and get the house and porches decorated, though. He decided Tuesday to throw a Christmas Party here Saturday. Yes, hubby is a "last minute" kind of person. I have learned to live with it. So, decorate I must! At least with the warm weather, we can have the party out on the pool deck so I don't have to super clean the house. Score!!!!

What is it about this time of year that puts time in a vacuum? Of course Christmas preparations take a lot of time but...I really haven't done any of that yet. It feels like someone has cut the hours in my days in half and, no matter how hard I try, I am woefully behind. I doesn't help that I haven't been home much this past week. Between church activities, UMW activities, monthly grocery shopping, being almost a week behind on school work and trying to balance my checkbook so I can begin Christmas shopping, I haven't had time to do hardly ANY prep work. Could the fact that I have become highly unorganized the past several months have anything to do with it????

I do have some things coming up to share with you. I haven't forgotten about that Taffy Apple Salad recipe. I was hoping to make it so I could take a picture to post with it but I am not sure that will happen. And, honestly, my photography skills are seriously lacking. Of course, you all are too nice to say anything;-) I am also going to try out this menu planning site called Plan To Eat. I got a free 3 month subscription when I bought an ebook bundle last month. I will try it out and let you know what I think. I love the idea of having my meals planned. Unfortunately, I stink at the execution of that plan! I have heard wonderful things about this site so, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.