Thursday, January 12, 2012

Crispy Cheddar Chicken

This recipe is from Jimmie at Onceamonthmom.com. I changed it a bit to suit my tastes.

5-6 Chicken breasts, skinless/boneless
1 sleeve Ritz Whole Wheat crackers, crushed
1/2 c. Milk
1 1/2 c. Shredded Cheese
1 tsp. Dried Parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup (I make my own)
4 tbsp. Sour Cream
1 tbsp. Butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray and set aside. Pour the milk into a shallow bowl. Mix the cheese and crackers in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk and then dredge in cracker/cheese mixture. (I have very little luck getting the mixture to stick to the chicken so I get what I can on them and, at the end, I put whatever is left over the top of the chicken). Place chicken in pan. Once all chicken is coated and remaining mixture is placed on the chicken, salt and pepper (or any other seasonings you like) the chicken and cover with foil and cook for 35 minutes. Remove foil and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. During the last 10 minutes of cooking, pour soup, sour cream and butter in a small saucepan and cook over med. heat until heated through. Once chicken is finished cooking, plate it up and serve it with the sauce over the top.

This is being shared at The Prairie Homestead Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.