Monday, April 16, 2012

I'm Baaaack!

I am home now and I couldn't be happier! I love my extended family tremendously and I wouldn't have passed up seeing them for ANYTHING but I really hate being away from the farm. I know, I am pathetic. What made it worse was that hubby had to stay home because of work. I REALLY hate going anywhere without him. Yes, I truly am THAT pathetic!! I did have a great time seeing everyone, though.
AJ and Jennifer

My cousin, that got married, was absolutely beautiful. It was so sweet during their first dance that her husband was singing to her. They looked very much in love. Yes, I teared up just a bit :)  Funny how weddings do that to you...And commercials. Yes, I tear up during some commercials too. I really don't know why I am such a mush but I am. I have a hard time getting through some hymns at church without shedding a little tear. Guess I am just one of those "sensitive" types. ANYHOW.....
I got to spend some much needed time with my aunts, uncles, cousins and boyfriends and girlfriends of said cousins. Most importantly, I got to see my grandpa. He's a piece of work. In a good way! He's in his 80's but you would never guess it by being around him. He's pretty awesome. My grandma died a few years ago and it has taken it's toll on him but I am so proud of the way he has carried on. Like I said, he's awesome! I got to meet the fiance of my sweet cousin, Stephanie. They are getting married next April. I can't wait. I love this girl! And her Jason seems to be a good guy. He treats her well and gets along great with the family.
Stephanie and Jason

I also got meet the girlfriend of my cousin, Derek. Her name is Erin and she is such a sweetie. I think we will all be upset if the two of them don't get married!

That's my grandpa peeking out from behind them. We all had a great time and I wouldn't have missed a moment of it. But now I am back to my world. Back to my garden, my farm, my animals, my husband, my life. Back to where I belong. I grew up near the city and always thought that I identified with things in the city. I loved the hussle and bussle, the fast pace of everything. Then I moved to the country and I know, now, that I could never go back. The city may have lots of conveniences like good restaurants and shops on every corner. But none of that feeds my soul like the country does. Out here, I am in my own little world where progress is measured by how many tomatoes I get off my vines, not by how much money my husband makes. Here, no one judges me by the dirt under my nails or by my farmer tan. Here, I can be the real me. The me God intended me to be. I hope that it never changes....
I had to post one last picture though. These are my babies. Yes, I know they technically aren't babies but they will always be MY babies. This was taken while we were getting ready for the wedding.
I can't even put into words how much I love these guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.