SPICY CHICKEN PINWHEELS
- 1 1/2 lbs. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Can Ro-tel, drained
- 12 oz. Softened Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup. Shredded Cheese
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 3 Tsp. Chili Powder (I used half this amount cuz I am a wuss)
- 1 Tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp. Garlic Salt (I used Powdered Garlic instead)
- 1/4 C. Cilantro, Chopped (optional)
- 6 Scallions, White and Green Parts, Sliced
- 6-8 Large Flour Tortillas, room temperature
In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, drained tomatoes, shredded cheese, remaining spices, garlic, cilantro (if using) and scallions. Mix until it is very well combined. Add in shredded chicken and mix.
Lay out tortillas and spread some of the mixture all over the tortillas, up to 1 inch from the edges. You don't want to use too much mixture as your pinwheels will be to bulky. I think we used about an 1/8 to 1/4 C for each one. Make sure mixture is evenly distributed. Roll each tortilla tightly (it helps to press down as you roll so it sticks to itself), like a burrito, but don't fold in the sides like a burrito. Using a sharp knife, cut each tortilla roll into 1 inch slices and place on a serving tray. Keep these cold until you are ready to serve.
There are no pictures of these because I have a 13 year old boy who ate most of them BEFORE we went to church. It was too hard to hold the camera with one hand and fight him off with the other!