Thursday, June 14, 2012

Taco Thingamajig

I was searching through the fridge the other day trying to come up with something for lunch. That always seems to be the hardest meal for me to decide on. I hate having the same things over and over. So, during my search I found a tube of crescent rolls. I know, I know, whole food eaters shouldn't be eating bread from a tube but I have had it in there for months and needed to use it up so I came up with....
Taco Thingamajig!!!!
Yes, that is the best name I could come up with.
Anyway, it is really simple to make.
I browned a pound of ground beef then added some taco seasoning. You can use an envelope of premade stuff or a couple tablespoons of homemade. Add just a bit of water, as if you were making taco meat...cuz you are. Once that is done, butter a 13x9 pan and unroll the crescent rolls in it. Smoosh it all down and seal up the perforations. Make sure the rolls cover the bottom of the pan. Next, spoon the meat all over the rolls. Put pan in a 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Take pan out and add some shredded cheese on top of the meat. I added about a cup. Bake for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the rolls are cooked. Then add whatever toppings you like. I used some salsa, lettuce, sour cream and, of course, more cheese! This was a yummy way to use up the dreaded (but oh so tasty) crescent rolls. Lucky for me, I still have 2 more tubes of the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.