Monday, November 21, 2011

I must make a confession. I have an addiction. I crave it when I get up in the morning. I think about it during the day. The only thing that curbs the urge is to just give in. My addiction? Peanut Butter Banana Smoothies! I just can't help myself. As a matter of fact, I am sipping on one now. It is smooth (duh, SMOOTHIE), creamy, peanut buttery and banana-y and oh so satisfying. I kind of stumbled onto it from Pioneer Woman. She made Pumpkin Smoothies and I just had to try them out. While they were yummy, I got to thinking about other ones that would really blow my skirt up. I just adore peanut butter and I had frozen bananas in the freezer (it would be stupid to store frozen bananas in the fridge!) So I just started throwing stuff in the food processor. Let me just warn you. Don't make a whole lot if you are using a food processor instead of a blender, which I do not have. (I own one but I have NO IDEA where I may have stored it) Ask me why...Glad you asked. I was making the pumpkin smoothie recipe and was following it to the letter. The processor was pretty full and when I turned it on, smoothie was running out the sides all over the counter. Not a pretty sight! Anyway, my recipe is not exact because, well, I didn't measure anything but it will give you the general idea.

PEANUT BUTTER BANANA SMOOTHIE

The night before, freeze a couple of ripe bananas. The next morning, throw the bananas in the food processor along with a big scoop of peanut butter, a scoop of greek vanilla yogurt, a nice pour of honey and a couple of cups of whole milk. Blend it all up until it is mostly smooth. Taste and add anything you may think it needs. Sometimes I add a little more peanut butter because I like to live on the edge. Then pour into a glass and enjoy.

 If you do this before anyone else wakes up, then you don't have to share with anyone, you can drink it all by yourself! Unfortunately, my kids knew I was making it and I had to share it with them. I do plan on trying different things in my future smoothies but I just can't imagine anything else being as good as peanut butter and banana!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.