Monday, October 22, 2012

A Word From the President....

Awhile back, my daughter wrote a letter to President Obama. It was not prompted by me or any homeschool assignment. She just wanted to let him know that she was praying for him and his family and that she thought he was doing a good job inspite of what "the other political party" thinks. Yes, it brings tears to my eyes when I think about how profoundly sweet this act was. She was not expecting anything in return, only to share her feelings. A few months ago, I was checking the mail and I found a large envelope addressed to her from....THE WHITE HOUSE! I stood in front of the mailbox with my mouth entirely open, catching flies. I ran into the house yelling for her to hurry up and get out here. She came flying out of her room, iPod earbuds hanging around her neck, sure that she was in trouble for something. I handed her the envelope and she stood there, almost afraid to open it.
This is what she found inside:


It isn't everyday that someone receives a letter from the President. She was so excited (we were ALL excited). As her mom, I felt tremendous gratitude that my baby's letter was acknowledged and answered. No matter how you feel about this President, you can't deny that this is an awesome thing for anyone to receive.
She is framing this and hanging it on her bedroom wall. A keepsake that she will be able to share with her future children. How cool is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.