Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Our last Few Days

The last few days of our vacation were full of fun and a couple more firsts. We spent a second full day at Epcot. Really, this park is EASY to spend multiple days at. We wanted to eat our way around the countries and we made a good run at it! Empanadas, tacos and nachos at the Mexico Pavillion added to the buffet in Germany and the bakery stop in France, we ate some new, authentic foods that we normally wouldn't have. When we were heading to the Polynesian Resort for our luau, we saw this for the first time:

I had no idea that the bridge opened up to allow barges with fireworks and other stuff used for the laser show to float over to the lagoon.

I don't know why I didn't make them put the bags down first.

Speaking of the luau...WOW!!!! For some reason, I didn't take any pictures there except for the one above, but I can tell you, if you ever have the opportunity to experience the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, please do. You won't be disappointed! The food was pretty good and is served family style, which means they keep bringing out plates and plates of food and you can eat until your hearts content. A big plus when you have a son that consumes EVERYTHING! The dancers put on a good show but the real star attraction is the fire dancer. I cannot even begin to describe how wonderful he was. I still don't know how he didn't set himself on fire.

For our final day at Disney, we spent it at the Magic Kingdom. We had a lot of fun re-riding some of our favorite rides and playing the in-park game of Sorceror's of the Magic Kingdom. This is a fun scavenger hunt-like game you sign up for at the Firehouse on Main Street. Then you are sent throughout the park to find the "magic" portals and battle the evil villains to save the park. I couldn't believe how many adults were playing it.
Then it was time to go back to the resort and pack up. Hubby turns to me and says "You know, I think we should come back in February.". The man who says that the kids and I are "ate up " with Disney just suggested another vacation here!!!! What can I say, the man still surprises me after all these years :)

We arrived back home, safe and sound, on Saturday evening. Sunday morning, hubby said that he was missing going to the parks in the mornings....Yeah, he's got it bad! (a very good thing for me!)
Now we are back to the old routine but with a fresh, new, reinvigorated spirit and we owe it all to a mouse :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.