Monday, September 17, 2012

And Another Check In....

I am having so.much.fun! This vacation is exactly what we needed, when we needed it. We have met some wonderful people, we have experienced new things and we have spent some quality time together as a family. Since my last check in, we have gone to Hollywood Studios, Blizzard Beach, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Downtown Disney and La Nouba.

At Hollywood Studios, we FINALLY got to ride Toy Story Mania. This ride is so much fun but so hard to get to ride. The line is always at least an hour wait and the FastPasses are usually gone by lunch. However, the ride fairies were watching out for us and we got some FastPasses. When we got on, we had a blast! It is a carnival ride where you "fire" shots at various objects for points. As usual, we had a friendly family competition. As usual, I lost! But that's ok.

One of our favorite Hollywood Studios attractions is Walt: One Man's Dream. You walk through a time line of Walt Disney's life and then watch a short movie about him. This man was very fascinating!


Blizzard Beach was a hoot! And...no butts!! At least I didn't see any, thank goodness! We all did a first here at this park. Well 3 of us. Hubby had to go to Plant City for a business meeting so it was just the kids and me. We all rode Summit Plummit. It is a huge water slide that has a 90 foot almost vertical drop. It was a bit intimidating but we did it! The drop wasn't the worst part. No, the landing was painful! You are told before you slide to keep your arms and legs crossed. There is a very good reason for this. You see, my legs came uncrossed once I hit the "slow down" area and I received the wedgie of all wedgies. I mean, I was picking this wedgie out of my NOSTRILS!!! And there is no graceful way to remove a wedgie. Thank goodness my bathing suit bottoms have a little skirt because at least I could cover all areas while I removing said wedgie! Then, to add insult to injury, the water jets that shoot towards you to slow you down are VERY strong and I was sure I would have bruising from my knees to my hips! FYI-I didn't.

Main Street at Magic Kingdom


My sweet lil' Minnie!


Haunted Mansion
Later that night, we went to the Halloween party at the Magic Kingdom. This is always a fun time. The park is not crowded at all so you can wander to your hearts content and ride the rides as many times as you want. Lots of people, young and old, even dress up in costumes.
Water area in the new Fantasyland
We also got to check out the new FantasyLand area. Very cool. The littles will LOVE it.

We spent Wednesday at Downtown Disney. My daughter had an appointment at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique to get her princess on.
Where the magic happens
My girl getting her hair done















If you have a daughter between the ages of 3 and 12, this is a must do! Your daughter will be treated as if she is a real princess with the "fairy godmothers-in-training" doing her hair, makeup and nails. You can also get a package where your little princess can get the costume of her favorite princess. I have never seen smiles so big as I did looking at the faces of these girls. This is one of those once in a lifetime experiences!
My princess
Even little boys can get the Cool Dudes Package with colored gel.
This little guy has a colored Mickey on the back of his head
and colored gel & confetti in his spiky hair.

We did a little shopping and capped off the evening at La Nouba. Oh.My.Gosh!!! This is the most amazing show I have ever seen! You aren't allowed to take any pictures or videos so I can't put any in this post but, trust me when I say, you don't want to miss this one! This is the most incredible showing of physical strength, balance, showmanship and timing. I can't even explain how amazing this show was! I love our olympic athletes but even they cannot compare to the precision of these athletes. I guarantee that if our gymnasts were trained by the Cirque Du Soleil trainers, no other country could touch us! I gasped, gripped the armrests and applauded so much, I was exhausted! But in a good way. This is a definite can't miss show!

Up next...Epcot (again), Spirit of Aloha Luau, and Magic Kingdom (during the day)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.