Saturday, March 24, 2012

Kale Chips

I know you have probably seen a recipe for this before and thought "Yuck". Well, let me tell you that it is so far away from "yuck" and right on top of "OMG that's good!" I had read that kale is really good for you and, because I know I don't get enough greens, I bought some. I sauteed some in chicken broth and it was fine but I wasn't "in love" with it. So I started looking for recipes to use up the rest of the package. I saw this recipe and thought "why not?" I am soooo glad I did!

All you need to do is take a bunch of kale, mine came prechopped in a bag and I used about 1/3 of the bag, and put it in a bowl. Rip it into pieces if yours isn't already chopped up.  Add 2 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Mix it all VERY well and dump out onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Spread it around so it isn't in clumps. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. You want it to be nice and crispy. That's it. So easy. A little warning though. My daughter and I love these so much that we have to make A LOT of it to have any with meals because her and I eat it up so quickly. The first couple of times we made it, she and I were the ONLY ones to get any because we couldn't stop ourselves! I guess there are worse things we could be scarfing down than kale chips! So make sure you make enough! (And keep me and my girl away from your kale!)

I was going to post a picture of it but it just doesn't do it any justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.