Monday, November 21, 2011

Occupy Wall Street....

I have just watched yet another news report about the Occupy Wall Street movement. If you are a protestor or sympathetic to this movement, you may want to quit reading this post right about now. I am all for peaceful demonstration, standing up for your beliefs, trying to "right" wrongs, but this occupy thing is really just an excuse for lazy people who want to blame everyone else for their failings. Most of the protestors are very young (college age) so I really doubt that they were greatly effected by anything Wall Street has done other than the fact that they are having a hard time finding jobs in their chosen fields after college.(Boo freaking-hoo) Oh wait...if they are camped out how are they attending classes? How are they getting to work? That's right, they aren't. They actually showed a guy who said into the camera, "I quit my job so I could be here full time." What a moron! These people are using this "movement" to avoid growing up and being a responsible adult. Yeah, life is difficult right now, but life will always be difficult. Better to learn to handle it when you are younger and can get by with some big failures. Everytime I see them I want to scream, "pack up your crap, get off other peoples' property, get a job and stop acting like a child who really needs some discipline". I am really at the end of my rope with all of this nonsense. Why on earth does the media seem to think that these people should have their 15 minutes of fame? Are we really that far gone as whole that everything that everyone does needs to be televised and reported about? I don't care that you think Wall Street is evil. I don't care that you can remain camped out for months with bathing. My concerns are more along the lines of how can I save a few extra bucks this month so I can buy a few Christmas gifts, how can I squeeze a little more out of my grocery budget to make up for other bills that I can't pay, how can I keep doing the things that need to be done more efficiently? Evil is ALWAYS going to be around, it doesn't need to televised 24/7!
Stepping off my soapbox now....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.