Tuesday, November 1, 2011

12 years ago today, I remember EXACTLY what I was doing. I was 6 months pregnant with twins and I was at the office having a little problem with what I thought were gas pains. My back was killing me and I was getting more and more uncomfortable as time went on. I couldn't leave though. I worked for my Dad and he and my Mom had just left the day before to go on a cruise and I had to take care of getting the bank deposit done.  Once I finished, I called my doctor and told her nurse what was going on. You know what she asked me? "How long have you been in labor?"! LABOR??? I was only 26 weeks along and this didn't feel like what I thought labor would feel like. She told me to come to her office so they could see what was going on. I went to my husband's office (he worked with my Dad too) and before I could tell him what was going on, he tells me that our brand new tractor-trailer (we owned a trucking company) that we hadn't even made the first payment on had been stolen over night. LOVELY! Poor guy had a lot on his plate running my Dad's business while he was out of town and running our own trucks and here I am telling him that I may or may not be in labor! Long story short, I was in labor and at 8:38 that evening our daughter was born weighing 1 lb. 9 1/2 oz, 13 1/4 in. long and at 8:39 our son was born weighing 1 lb. 14 oz and 13 3/4 in. long. I had never seen anything so small! They had their ups and downs (mostly ups, Praise God!) and after 70 days in the NICU, they came home. Fast forward 12 years, our twins are thriving, healthy, happy, normal almost teenagers. I am not sure where the time went but I am so grateful to God that he gave these kids to us and has been by our side every step of the way in raising them. Clayton and Vanessa, you came along and perfectly completed our family. We love you more than words can ever say!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.