Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Looooong day today...Dropped off clothes at the Salvation Army, hit the bank and CVS, stopped at Walmart for some pet food and then finished off my trek at Kroger where I FINALLY got some food!
We were so out of EVERYTHING that I ran out of money before I ran out of grocery list!!! Oh well, at least I can throw together something to eat that doesn't consist of stale cheerios and a stray cracker found under the couch.  I am helping to provide the supper for our church Youth and Edge groups Sunday night and with everything I bought, I feel like I am feeding an army! We're doing 6 taco casseroles, chips and salsa, cookies and soda for 35. Ok it IS a small army!!! I don't mind though, I'm doing it with a buddy that I haven't seen in awhile so it will give us a chance to catch up.

Gonna do the final mowing of the season soon. Kinda sad-I love mowing grass. It's my ME time. No one bugs me and I can just zone out or think through all the problems of the world. Our pecan trees have started dropping pecans early so we'll be out picking those for the next few months. They usually don't start falling until mid to late October so I don't know if this is good or bad. I'm gonna go with good cuz that's just how I roll!!!

Chickens STILL have not laid any eggs. I don't know what their problem is but they need to get over it quick. They have it pretty good in the chicken condo. Plenty of food, water, grass, bugs, attention from everyone...I had to buy eggs today and everytime I do, I wanna bring out the stew pot!

I have been doing a lot of reading about sugar and artificial sweetners. Everyone has a different opinion about which should be used. It kinda makes my head spin. What I have gathered so far is white sugar is to be avoided. Ok, I get that. I only bake with white sugar. My question is, what do I put in my coffee and tea??? We use Splenda right now. I have tried Truvia because I was told it was better than sugar but I don't really like it. I like the taste of Splenda but it is a chemical and I want to avoid that. I looked into raw sugar and it is a step above white sugar but still not perfect. A blogger I follow uses Sucanat which is dehydrated cane juice. I don't know how that is different from regular sugar but apparently it is. I really cannot handle all of these options. Way too many. Would someone just please tell me what to eat??? Or not to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.