Saturday, August 13, 2011

Every Friday night, the twins go to my parents house to spend the night with them. That leaves a very much appreciated date night for their dad and me. Last night was no exception. When they left I told them they needed to be home by noon Saturday because we had some work to do outside. Saturday at 11:45, my mom calls and tells my husband that our son made her call to check out exactly what kind of work we were going to be doing because "he had to get into the right frame of mind for work". This kid cracks me up. It's not like we are slave drivers or anything but when you have barns and equipment and the such, there is certain work that has to be done and he is usually not too happy about being outside doing anything that might actually be called work. Right frame of mind...what exactly is the right frame of mind to be outside in 100 degree heat, swatting away the gnats and biting flies, and doing a little required heavy lifting??? I haven't figured that one out yet, but at least I am now sitting in the air conditioned, bug free comfort of my house so pondering that won't be too painful.

Completely unrelated topic but my granddaughter was in a pagent today and I didn't go. Does that make me an awful nana? A little background info-she is not quite 2 years old and my relationship with her mother is ...ummmm....strained at best. I also REALLY hate the idea of beauty pagents. Why on earth do we need to enter our daughters into a competition to see who is the prettiest? My granddaughter is beautiful but was a runner up. Does that mean the winner was MORE beautiful? How is the beauty judged? What if the child is 5 or 6 and is old enough to know that someone thinks someone else is prettier or better??? WHY WHY WHY? Then you have the shows on tv like Toddlers and Tiaras and it just makes me question what is going through these parents minds when they do this? Things that make you go hmmmmm for sure!  So back to my original question, am I bad for not going? I did already have other things planned for today but I probably could have put them off. I just really hate the idea that someone might not think my grandbaby is the most beautiful creature in the world. Because she is :)

Getting close to dinner time and I have no clue what to make. My hubby is trying to bring his blood pressure down and adopt a more healthy lifestyle so I have to make something healthy, tasty, fast (I'm starving) AND I have to have all the ingredients right here. Nearest grocery store is 15 miles away. This would be so much easier if I was a better planner. I do well during the week but it all falls apart on the weekends! Well, time to search the pantry...Au revoir for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.