Friday, December 9, 2011

My twins performed in their Christmas musical at church the other night. It was so sweet. It was done by the children's choir (1st to 4th grade) and the Edge (5th and 6th grade). I just love watching the kids sing their hearts out for the Lord.

My daughter is wearing her "Dear Santa, Define Good" t-shirt. It's cute. That's her brother next to her in the red and black stripes. To the left is a girl they have known since kindergarten. Until 4 months ago, my daughter was quite a bit taller than Jacey. She has really shot up in the last couple of months and now she towers over both my kids! Of course, both of her parents are nice and tall. My kids got jipped in that dept. My husband is 6' but I am only 5'2". Tallness (is that even a word???) does NOT run in my family AT ALL! My mom is only 5' 1". Yep....we're shrimps! Shorties unite!!!!!

I FINALLY got an egg from one of my Americauna's. I was so happy to open the laying box and find this little blue gem:
Isn't it lovely???? My hens are REALLY taking their time laying eggs. Must be the decreased sunlight this season. Hoping things pick up in the spring because I DESPISE buying eggs at the grocery store.
Speaking of the grocery store, just have to give a little shout out to my very favorite store right now-Kroger. They are a 45 minute drive from my house but they are so worth it. A few months ago, I explained how I came to shop at Kroger and I am still very happy with them. I actually cringe whenever I have to walk into our local Walmart. Thank goodness it isn't very often! Yesterday was shopping day and it was a bit chilly. Our Kroger has a Starbucks in it so I got me a Caramel Brulee latte and sipped it while I shopped. Next time I will get the very BIGGEST cup they have. It was sooooooooo good!

I am still in the process of planning out what direction I would like to take with this blog in the coming year. There are so many wonderful blogs out there that I read daily and I learn so much from that I would like to be a bit more like them. I have learned a lot in 42 years and if someone can benefit from it then it's worth the work. Lori over at Always Learning is always talking about how the older should be teaching the younger so I think I would like to do something along those lines.  Still planning, still thinking....

I think I will finally get some ALONE time to do my Christmas shopping this afternoon. I have made my list and checked out different sites to find the best deals for the few things I am buying. I will be making quite a bit of stuff on my own for some of my older kids and my parents/in-laws. I have just started sewing again so I am thinking I will make some things for my grandkids along with buying some books. I am not a big fan of toys for kids just for the sake of occupying their time. A lot of toys out there are nothing but junk. I like for them to learn something when they play. Two of my grandkids have birthdays right after Christmas so I need to come up with double ideas for them!Decisions, Decisions.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.