Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My New (ad)Venture

I have been a stay at home mom for almost 5 years. I love it and never want to return to the "working world". So I am totally flumoxed at my latest decision. I have signed up to be a "jewelry lady" with Premier Designs. Okay, so it's not a full time job (unless I want it to be) but it will provide some extra income which is always nice. I got this idea in my head when I went to a jewelry show at a friends house a few months ago. At the show, she passes out a little questionaire that asks if you would be interested in hearing more about the opportunity that is available through Premier. I checked "yes". Why? No clue. I just did. I really had no interest in doing it. Hubby provides for us just fine and I like to be home. Actually, I love being at home and the thought of having to leave and go anywhere irks me.  Also, I am soooooo not a people person. I tend to be very shy and never feel very confident in front of people. Anyway, I got a phone call and email a few days later and something just started to push me in this direction. Hmmm, can any of you guess what (or who) that something is????

Over the last few months, I have been talking to the "jewelry lady" and researching this company and I finally decided to take the plunge. I attended the Regional Rally in Atlanta (Lord Bless those people who have to drive in Atlanta on a daily basis!) over the weekend. The more I hear about this company and the more I talk to people who have been dealing with them for several years, the more I like and admire them. The company was founded by a husband and wife back in 1985 and is based on biblical principals. They require all who are working with them to have good character, integrity, great work ethic and a servant's heart. In return we are provided the same treatment and help from the home office. The wife has since passed away and her son is now the President of the company. Her husband, who is 89 years old, is still involved with the company. A video was played showing Mr. Horner giving a wonderful speech to all Rally participants. What spirit that man still has at 89 years old! Needless to say, I am proud to be a part of the Premier family. They sell a beautiful line of fashion jewelry at very reasonable prices. But that is only half of the business. The other half is becoming a Jeweler and making an income from the sales. What could be more fun than spending an evening with your best girlfriends, playing in jewelry?

I have my training show in just a few weeks and then I will be holding home shows on my own and having a ball all while earning some extra cash. How cool is that? Now, about that whole not-a-people-person problem? Well, it's funny when you listen to what God is telling you to do, He "fixes" whatever has been holding you back. I probably will never be the life of the party and that's fine with me. However, I am no longer scared of being in front people selling this beautiful jewelry and telling about the wonderful opportunity that has been given to me. I can't wait for this all to begin!

Posts may be a little scattered for the next month or so but I will still be here. I mean, we gotta eat so that means I will still be cooking. The farm animals aren't going anywhere so they will still have to be taken care of and posted about. And garden season is just around the corner. What??? Geez, I better get to ordering some seeds!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.