Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Duluth Trading Company-A Review

My husband is hard on clothes. Really hard. Not that he tries to be, he just is. Even though he has an office job during the day, nights and weekends are spent building stuff. His 2 current projects are putting a railing around our deck and remodeling the back of our house. He sticks nails, hammers, pliers, pencils and anything else he walks around with in his pants pockets. This is not so great on the pants (not to mention my washing machine!) Plus he has to do a lot of squatting and bending over and, for a guy, sometimes things get, well, pinched. Please don't make me go into more detail on the pinching!
We were watching tv a few months ago and a commercial came on for Duluth Trading Ballroom Jeans...They aren't talking about dressy jeans you wear dancing. Nope, they are referring to testicle room. Not being a guy, I didn't get why this subject is so important. Jeans are jeans, right? Well, hubby needed more jeans so I decided to buy him some Ballroom Jeans just because it makes me giggle every time I say it. Let me just tell you that they were his favorite present under the Christmas tree. He loves them. He says that he can squat down without having to "reposition" anything and there is no pain involved. They are also made in what seems to me to be a very sturdy way. The seams are nice and strong and the material is of a good strong weight. The sizing seems to be pretty true also. These jeans are highly recommended by me but, most importantly, by the hubby who now has...ballroom. Yep, I had to go there. Sorry...

Oh wait! My road to tacky isn't over yet. Nope. Hubby got Buck Naked Underwear from Duluth Trading too! If you haven't seen this commercial, you are truly missing out. I hate commercials and always fast forward through them but this caught my eye. It shows a man in "regular underwear" with his crotch in a vise (I really never thought I would ever use the word "crotch" on my blog!) The announcer tells us that this is how wearing regular underwear feels. The next scene shows the same man running wild and free (and by free, I mean naked but he has a little flag over the "parts") while the announcer tells us this is how it feels to wear Duluth Trading's Buck Naked Underwear. The tagline is "No Sweat, No Stink, No Pinch". Honestly, how can you NOT laugh at that??? Well, hubby got some for Christmas (yes, we are practical gift givers) and he adores them. He probably would not want me to express that here but we're all friends, right? Like his jeans, hubby is tough on underwear. I don't how he does it but he is always ripping the waist band off. Poor thing has no rear end to hold up his pants so he is constantly tugging them upward. Hence, the waist band gets a workout. This Buck Naked Underwear has a reinforced waistband to handle all that tugging and apparently the fit is really good. Hubby does not get excited about much but good fitting underwear makes him real happy. I will warn you, they are a bit pricey. But isn't anything of quality? I paid $22.50 for a pair before Christmas. He loved them so I bought more while they were on sale for $15 each if you bought 2 or more. I will wait for another sale and stock up.
The orders were sent out quickly and I received everything in good condition. The website is super easy to navigate and it's funny, too. I am a sucker for humor. I would highly recommend this company and the 2 products we have tried so far. Plus, some of the customer testimonials are hilarious! I actually went to different products just to read what other people wrote. I found one from a guy in the same city I do my grocery shopping. How's that for a small world?

1 comment:

  1. Howdy! This blog post couldn't be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my previous roommate! He always kept preaching about this. I will send this article to him. Fairly certain he will have a great read. Thank you for sharing!

    Have a look at my homepage :: Michael Kors Outlet

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think! However, nasty argumentative comments will ALWAYS be deleted and NEVER posted. This blog includes my opinions and beliefs. If yours are different, please be respectful in your disagreement.